Twitter Updates


    Sunday, February 7

    The Day Jollibee Disappointed Me

    Sometime last week, after debating much on a slight financial crisis, The Family went out to dinner. Since my parents knew I was so much into Jollibee since I was a kid, we decided to go to the Ramaniyah mall for some Langhap Sarap fix.

    All the entrances of the mall was decored with this standee.


    It was genuinely nice to see the red, happy bee here. It made me reminisce my childhood days eating the only Jollibee outlet in Novaliches Bayan then, the one near the Our Lady of Mercy Parish Church. We always go there when I throw tantrums after hearing mass. It's the only way to quiet me down.

    The kid in me was excited that I hauled my mom immediately to the escalator, forgetting to say goodbye to my dad who was going to get a haircut first before joining us for dinner.

    Disaster struck us as we entered the doors of Jollibee.


    The lines! The lines were crazy long! We stood for like an hour just to have our orders taken. My dad already came back from the barber shop waiting for us and my mom and I are still talking to the cashier who initially refused us because we weren't "lining up" on the same line. All I can say is that it drove my mom crazy mad upon hearing that. It's safe to say that everyone else backed us up to the dismay of the bitchy food attendant.

    We ordered the Chickenjoy bucket meal good for three people with chocolate sundaes and all. I also ordered a Jolly Spaghetti. To go. We can't possibly eat at the place since it was fully packed.

    I didn't have the chance to take pictures of what we ordered. I was hungry already and my cognitive functions were already paralyzed.

    Every thing tasted the same. It really did. What I didn't like though is that the crispylicious skins of the Chickenjoy in the bucket are missing. No, I didn't eat it along the way home. It was seriously nonexistent. When people got their in-house Chickenjoy orders at the mall, the skins in their Chickenjoys were intact. Ours really don't even have skins at all. That was the most gratifying part of eating Chickenjoy pa naman. Adding to insult, the gravy servings were a little small. It can be equated to two packets of ketchup per serving. They also charge you for an extra one. No way were we going to pay for the gravy.

    The Jolly Spaghetti serving is big, unlike back home. I mean, the pasta noodles were overwhelmingly big but the sauce was so scarce that it didn't even covered most of the noodles. The sauce tasted the same except there was no ham and the hotdog used is probably beef.

    Furthermore, the choco sundaes, though it still tasted awesome with every spoonful, the chocolate fudge fills half of the cup. I wanted mine with more vanilla ice cream than the fudge. How I wish I held back the fudge on the sundae. Jollibee's vanilla ice cream is the bestest there is from all the fast food restos in Manila. Wait, they started out as an ice cream parlor, right?

    I had my fill of what Jollibee is here in Saudi and I'm really disappointed with how they handled everything. I'd probably visit the franchise next year after they figure out how to be efficient and effective. And fire that bitchy food attendant of yours, will you?


    Jollibee is also available for bulk orders. They were giving out brochures and their paper-thin business cards to entertain us while waiting impatiently at the lines.