Twitter Updates


    Saturday, September 11

    Four Assumptions

    The other day my mum and I started clearing out the house in preparation for the fall/winter season here in the Kingdom. The coats and sweaters are now in arm's reach, the Christmas decors are placed somewhere that will remind us that we have to put it up, and numerous boxes are filled up with things required to be shipped home.

    As I was rearranging my make-shift library, I saw a piece of paper stuck in my old red Moleskine. The note contained a list of "assumptions" that was given to me by an astrologer that told me a lot about my then future. Those four things, as far as my memory serves me, are my supposed guidelines on how to see the things and events that are bound to happen in my life. I want to share those "assumptions" here so it could serve some purpose to others as well.

    1. I am excited about growing and becoming even more of who I am.
    2. I let go of people and situations with ease and dignity.
    3. Detachment is a form of objectivity that includes caring.
    4. Every ending is an opportunity for something new to emerge.

    I copied the statements on a sticky note and placed it strategically onto my vanity mirror so I will be reminded of them whenever I look at myself. Sometimes it really takes the most random of things to give you clarity and semblance amidst the ongoing chaos called life.